A table saw is every woodworker’s must-have tool. It is with the best table saw that they create their wonders with wood which can range from basic to highly intricate pieces. You have table saws available in every price range. For instance, you can see this best table saw under 300. However, no matter how good and expensive or how cheap it is; it is still a lethal tool and thus needs plenty of safety precautions to be followed with strict discipline. Few of them are:
- The first safety tip that you must always exercise is always to wear protective gear when working with this tool. Safety glasses, hearing protection, and protective clothing are a must. All kinds of loose clothing must be avoided to eliminate any chances of accidents.
- The safety features of the table saw must also be double checked before you even begin your work. Check the saw blade guard, anti-kickback pawls and riving knife to see that they are properly adjusted and functioning well. The power should be turned on only if they are in top shape.
- The area of work must always be kept clean at all times, especially stock, cut-offs, and all excess sawdust. These can prove the biggest obstacle in making any woodworker make clean and safe cuts.
- It’s always preferable to use outfeed tables and stands during cutting and must always be used with large pieces. They stable the pieces that need to be cut and thus makes the entire cutting process easier.
- The blade might need a change or adjustment at any point in time. Before doing so, you must always disconnect the power source from the mains so that it never turns on, even by mistake. The machine turning on might prove fatal.
With these precautions, you can actually enjoy your session with an extra edge.